Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bye Bye Grampy...back to Kuwait AND Effie is 4 months old!!

We had to say good bye to my Dad...again. It was so hard! We spent every possible moment we could with him! We stayed at my parents house the last 4 days he was home. We even did a family beach trip one day...that was a lot of fun...Gabe got to go! What a treat! My Mom put together a wonderful BBQ dinner at the beach. His last night home, he made homemade ice cream and homemade root beer (both are family traditions). It was so funny, because every time he holds Effie (which hasn't been much because he has been gone almost her whole life) he tells me that he thinks she wants to eat some ice cream. My Mom told me that he says that about all the babies in our family. In case you don't know, my Dad LOVES ice cream!! He even eats it on his pancakes!!! So this time I guest he thought she REALLY did want to eat some ice cream, so he fed her some. It was so funny...I think she really liked it. She kept waiting for more.






We will miss my Dad so much. We are so proud of him! We are proud of all the soldiers that are serving our country! I love the troops so much. What brave men and women they are! We can't wait until March, where we get to see Dad again! We love you Dad!!




Today was Effie's 4 month check up. She weighs 15 lbs!! The doctor said she is doing great! She had to get 3 shots; it was so sad! Gabe was not able to make it to her appointment, so I was there alone and it was so hard to be there without him while they gave her the shots. This time they let me hold her in my lap, which I was happy about because at her 2 month check up, they had me lay her on the exam table. It was sad because she screamed so hard and I couldn't even pick her up! At least this time while she screamed I could hug her and kiss her and let her know I am here for her. After her shots, she cried for about 25 minutes and I just kept holding her and singing to her and she finally fell asleep. Poor baby girl. She seems to be doing okay. I hope she doesn't get sick from the shots. So far, so good. =)








No comments: