Thursday, July 3, 2008

Effie, Effie, and more Effie!!

So yesterday, Effie and I went and had lunch in Covina with my Mom and my sister Kiki. Effie was so good...(meaning she slept through lunch). Normally, she has a sensor and knows when I am going to eat and she will fuss until I feed her which means that I don't get to eat my lunch...so her sleeping through lunch at a restaurant was a treat for me. :-)

After lunch, we went to my Mom's office and visited everyone there so they can tell me how cute Effie is...LOL. Everyone in her office knows Effie and they all get so excited to see her!! Even my Mom's boss!! He holds Effie every time we are in the office. My Mom did not hesitate to put Effie to work...I left for a minute to go to the restroom, and when I returned Effie was typing all of my Mom's reports!!! I couldn't believe it!! LOL.

After we went to lunch and stopped by my Mom's office, Effie and I went shopping at Target to get her a few new toys and some rice cereal!! Yes...you heard me right...rice cereal!! The doctor said to go ahead and start her on rice cereal. She was being so silly at Target. She was giggling and being so loud and happy; people were looking at her left and right. It was funny. I got this picture of her in her stroller at Target.

Tonight we started Effie on the rice cereal. I really didn't think she would like it the first time around, I figured it would take a few times for her to like it...but I was wrong!! She LOVED it!! She ate almost the whole serving and she didn't even make that big of a mess! It was so much fun feeding her with a spoon...what was even more fun was seeing Gabe feed her! That was great!! He doesn't get to ever participate in her feedings because she will not take a bottle, but now he will get to do his part every night. I'm really looking forward to that!

1 comment:

Heidi Davies said...

Good to hear from you. I didn't know you had a baby. She's a doll.