Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Effie! Party Time!!

We had a big Baby Einstein birthday bash for Effie! Her actual birthday is on February 27th, however, we did not have her party until March 28th. We waited a month to have her party because my Dad came home from Kuwait in March and my Sister, Amy came home from her mission in Panama in March; we really wanted them at her party so we decided what the heck…we might as well just wait for them! The party was a lot of work; it was months in the planning. Thankfully I have an awesome family that really helped pull the whole thing together the day of the party! They helped with so much and we really could not have pulled it off without them! Julia and Eric blew up balloons and slaved away in the kitchen, Shannon put all the goodie boxes together and helped decorate, Kim helped decorate, slaved in the kitchen, and set up the buffet table, my Mom helped in the kitchen, Amy was on dishwashing and cake duty, my brother Andrew was a HUGE help and set up the popcorn machine, snow cone station, set up tables and chairs and a ton of other stuff; my Dad got the piñata ready and a ton of other stuff!! Also, thanks to my good friend Julie Merrill, we had a birthday cake for Effie! I baked all the cakes but when the time came to put the cake together, I had no time left! Julie worked so hard in the kitchen getting the cake ready and it looked so awesome! I can’t thank everyone enough for all their help! The party really came together, thanks everyone for your hard work!

So many of our friends and family came to Effie’s party, it was great to see everyone! Thank you everyone for the amazing gifts, we love everything!!

Happy Birthday my baby girl! I can’t believe you’re 1.


The first thing Effie did at her party was eat and sleep!
I figured the best time to paint her face was when she was sleeping!
She didn't budge while getting her face painted!
So pretty!
Jesse as Spiderman!
Jace...he is so serious! This is very serious stuff for a 5 year old!
The balloon twister was a hit...Kaelynn thought so!
Gabe's brother, Eddie and his daughter Iris.
Piñata loot! (Jesse, Maxyne, Dawsyn, and Katie)
My good friend Mavin and her daughter Erica.
My great friends, J.K., Maggie, and Erica.
My dad was the pinata master. Effie had so much fun with the pinata! That pig is busted!
Effie's Baby Einstein caterpillar cake. I think it turned out so adorable!
Cute face!
Happy Birthday Effie!


Effie, getting ready for her birthday cake to arrive!
Yay! It's here! A mini caterpillar cake just for Effie!
C'mon Effie...dig in!
Effie loves to share her food!
Go Effie, Go Effie, GO!!
I think she's had enough...bath time!!
Notice the green colored sugar in her hair!
March 28, 2009

No comments: