Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Little Town Called Tombstone

My Dad took over an Army unit in Fort Huachuca, Arizona so in the beginning of May we took a very very very long (14 hour) road trip to Arizona to attend the Change of Command Ceremony. He took over a drill sergeant unit which is funny because I could not imagine my dad yelling at soldiers....but I guess since he's the boss he doesn't really have to yell...unless he wants to. Anyway, we went up a little early to go to Tombstone which is only about a 30 minute drive from the Army base. My ENTIRE family was together this weekend! Over 20 of us!! We were so excited to see Tombstone. We got there and it was a cute little western town, we watched a gun fight, took an old fashioned picture (which I will scan and post in this posting soon...I hope), we went on a horse and buggy ride, ate lunch, and got yelled at by a few of the locals...oh and got ran out of the town by the Marshall's. I am not kidding! To make a long story short, all of the shop owners and all but a few of the locals are SO MEAN!!! We wanted our whole family (about 20 of us) to take an old western picture so we were trying to work out a deal with the photo shop and they treated us like we were nuts, no discounts!! So Gabe, Effie, and I decided to get our family picture done and they were only going to let me try on 1 dress so I asked Julia to come back with me to help me find a dress and the lady yelled at Julia, IN HER FACE!! Needless to say, we didn't get our picture taken there but this lady from the shop was following us down the street yelling at us! It was crazy! So the Marshall's showed up a while later right when we were driving out of the town. I'm sure they were going to come hunt us down!! I don't recommend going to that town! My Mom & Dad said they went about 10 years ago and it was so much different! All the people are rude and everything is over priced and the gun show wasn't that good. Enough complaining, here are some pictures we got while we were there...
Me & Effie in jail!Effie & Daddy with a dead cowboy.
The old town at the gun show.
Yes, my brother ate that huge hamburger!
Effie slept through the horse and buggy ride.
May 2, 2009

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh snap! Gotta love Tombstone! Weird place, right?