Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Slide Down Memory Lane...

These pictures were taken at a park on the Fort Huachuca Army Base. When we were children, our family lived on this base for a short while. My Mom was pregnant with Julia and Shannon, Andrew, and I were little kids. My very pregnant, due any day Mom took us to this park on the base to play and Shannon was going down this slide and she fell off and broke her arm. My Mom ended up giving birth to Julia a day or two after that. When I saw the park, memories of playing there as a kid came back to me. The park hasn't changed much but I can't believe we used to play at playgrounds like this one! Talk about unsafe!! I think I would have a heart attach if the playgrounds still looked like this! Knowing our little monster Effie, she would want to climb this monster slide and slide down with her arms way up in the air! She is a dare devil!

Maxyne going down the same slide her Mom broke her arm on 28 years ago. Julia, a kid at heart!
The merry go round that kids used to fly off of. Remember those??
Effie and Gabe enjoying watching everyone play on the dangerous park. Of course she has her balloon! Lol.
Our little family.
Shannon...I can't believe she got back on the slide!
She made it down with NO BROKEN BONES!!! I think she is pretty happy about that!
May 2, 2009

No comments: